Although they are calling for 2 inches of snow, we have yet to see any snow in Durham today. We hear a winter storm is suppose to bring a significant amount of snow back home in VA. Be careful out there.
What has been happening:
- Amy's chicken pox have all crusted over and seem to be healing well.
- The original PICC line they inserted was beginning to get very red at the insertion site, so they pulled that line and inserted another PICC line in the other arm.
- Amy's liver levels were slightly off yesterday afternoon, so they did a sonogram of her liver, results were all normal. Her counts were better today.
- The pain of the chicken pox has subsided, but pain of mouth sores has increased. The morphine pump is still in use.
- Amy's has started drinking different " protein shakes" we come up/experiment with, since the mouth sores keep her from eating regular food.
-Fevers are still coming and going throughout the day and night, but they are staying closer to 101 instead of 103 like earlier.
- All of Amy's blood counts are going down as they should and another bone marrow biopsy will be done on Monday (Dec. 21).
-The past few days have been very busy - seems like doctors or nurses are always coming and going, CAT scans, chest x-rays, sonograms then throw in visits from dietitians, social workers, cleaning crew, showers, nurses aids taking vitals... there is not much time to relax and rest.
-We are still in hopes of getting out Monday , after they do the bone marrow biopsy.
We would also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Let it snow!!
Big hugs and love to all,