Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello everyone! There's not much to report from here. Yesterday's clinic visit was long because I needed magnesium but luckily I slept through a lot of it so it wasn't so bad. Today I did not need any electrolytes so we were out of there by lunch time! They did put me on a new med for high blood pressure. The high blood pressure is a side effect of one of the other medications I'm taking. I've kind of figured out that the gist of post-transplant treatment is that you need immunosuppresents, anti-viral, and anti-fungal medication. Then tons of other medicines are added to offset the side effects of the medicines that you need. I feel like the doctors are doing a big balancing act with my body - but they do this all the time and I trust them completely.

Hope you all have a wonderful week,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Great that you can figure all of this out. That's why you are such a strong, good patient and amazing to everyone. Just keep your faith in the doctors, God is in control and He will see you through.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, I'm a friend of your mom and dad's. Just wanted to say that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, God already knows what you will need tomorrow, next week, next year and for the rest of your life and He stands ready to supply whatever it is. Amazing, isn't He..... Patti Griffith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    Your posts make me smile. You are so upbeat through all of this! I will pray for more short appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope today was a short clinic visit. it was good seeing your mom. sounds like yall are dealing very well with everything, hope it gets better and better. have a good week.
    love ya, genie and eddie

    ReplyDelete