Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Afternoon!

I had a clinic appointment this morning and didn't need to be infused with anything. My platelets are really "hanging on" as the nurses say. They infuse me when I get under 10 and they were still at 32 today after having an infusion on Monday. However, I do have a busy day tomorrow full of things I have to do before starting the clinical trial. I have to go to the clinic at 10:30 for a bone marrow biopsy. Dr. Rizzieri is actually going to do it since his PA is on vacation so we'll see how the "expert" does. I think this makes number 9 or 10??? I have lost count. They will probably give me platelets tomorrow as well so that I can have the weekend off. After the clinic visit I have a CT Scan of my chest and an echocardiogram of my heart. Neither of these procedures are invasive or anything just time consuming. Since this is a new drug they want to monitor closely how it affects different organs so a before "picture" is needed.

I will start the trial next week. Someone had to drop out of the "first round" so I will get the lower dose which I was a little disappointed about. However, this means I get to start treatment sooner which the doctors thought would be best.

Chris, Kelly, Christian, and Adam are coming down this weekend and I cannot wait to see "my boys" (and Chris and Kelly too). I'm sure seeing them will help my mental state a lot. Both Adam and mom have birthdays next week so we're getting a Coldstone cake too (I get excited about the little things at this point).

Hope the week is going well and thanks for EVERYTHING,
Amy



8 comments:

  1. Glad you are going to start the trial soon. Enjoy the weekend and the cake, sounds tasty. Hope you don't have to spend much time at the clinic tomorrow. I bet the house is shaping up nicely, have a great weekend. love ya,
    genie and eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Plates 32, that's great. So glad things are holding, sorry about the long day tomorrow, but it's great you can start the treatments next week. This weekend's visitors will really put you on a mountain top, and with the birthdays' celebration, should get you ready to handle just about anything. You continue to amaze me.
    I love you, and Michael, and Kathy, and Greg, and Winslow, and Roscoe. I just love everything about you! Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    We're so happy to hear you were accepted into the trial program. I wouldn't be to disappointed in starting in the "first round" since that may be all you need. Sounds like things are going well for you right now, with the way your counts are holding. Just hope the "expert" is an expert and doesn't put you through the same thing you went through last time. Keep that positive attitude and we know it will bring you through the trial with flying colors.
    Enjoy your weekend visitors. You have a right to get excited about the little things, with all you've been through this year.
    Give our love to all.
    We love you,
    Patty and Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMMM.... CAKE :) that's something to be excited about. Birthdays? well, not so much LOL
    I've learned to ignore them. My class still thinks I'm 14. PLEASE do not blow this for me
    I'm happy that you get to start your trial soon. Our prayers are with you each and every day.
    Love you, Pretty Lady!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. rfexzxxxxbbbnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy54n u .0oik,87uyhg Teagan translation: Hey Cousin Amy just thought I would give you a shout out. I haven't been allowed on the computer in awhile since I took the control button off. Momma and Daddy weren't happy, but how can you stay mad at someone with such a cute face. They should really know by now that I have the control anyway. I am glad to hear about all your exciting news. I also hear you are getting a Coldstone cake. Sounds yummy, all I get is pears and peas at this place lately. Well I better go before Momma catches me on the computer. Love to you and a big wet kiss. Teagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy Lucy, Look out, Im a commin to see ya. Tell ol Michael that in our spare time we might have to slip down to UNC and go to the gym and have a pick-up game against them tar heels. Heck the way thy are playing I think Michael and me and the two boys could spot em 4 and still whip em in a game to 10. Not sure what time we gonna get away but we will make it soon as we can. Cant wait to se ya. And I know the younguns are pumped up. You be good, and we will see you soon. Love, Hugs, and smoochees. CHRIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy I am glad you have a great weekend planned. I am sure they are as excited about seeing you. Getting a Coldstone cake is something big to be excited about. I love Coldstone and make John take me to one if we get within a 20 mile radius. Teagan continues to roll about the place. She can wave bye now and sometimes says bye but I do not think that she knows what it all means. It is calling for more snow here. It has been bitterly cold and we have been two hours late everyday this week. Well enjoy your weekend company. Take care and lots of love your way. Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, a weekend off with wonderful company and a cake! Sounds great! The weather has even cooperated a bit since we didn't get as much of the white stuff as we could have gotten. You'll be in our prayers especially today as you go through all the preliminary stuff getting ready for next week. We love you.

    ReplyDelete