Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well, as a lot of you have heard I had a great weekend at "home" in VA. I got to see a lot of family and there were many more people I would have liked to have seen but my immune system is not up to it. I even had to see Michael's new cousin Teagan through the window because she had her 2 month shots the day before. They say one of the biggest things that gets bone marrow patients back into the hospital is that you feel good and feel like doing things yet forget that your immune system is still way down.

Yesterday's clinic visit was good but a little long. They had to give me IGG - which I had never heard of. When I told Michael what they had given me he got very excited because that is one of the molecules their research group has studied. He offered to draw me the chemical structure (bigger nerd than me) but I didn't think that would help my understanding of what it was. IGG stands for Immunoglobulin G. It is basically the same as antibodies and will give my immune system a boost. So I learned yet something else new yesterday.

Hope you all are having a good week - and to some of you have a good day back to school tomorrow!
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,
    I had two young men come into my classroom yesterday to tell me that they had seen you over the weekend. :) Christian and Adam were quite excited that you even got to see your dogs too. I can only imagine how good that felt, but I KNOW that it was only half as fantastic as your parents felt to have you HOME!
    Much love and many prayers,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You being able to come home this weekend was the best part of summer. No sunny day at the beach or a lazy day by the pool can ever replace seeing Roscoe run to that gate when he saw you coming up those steps. Of all the medications that you are taking, this weekend being home and around family and eating your Covington favorites like Cuccis, and Michaels and Bellas had to do your body and mind a world of good. I know it gave your family a happy heart and a big smile on their faces. That they could share with all that love you and are praying for you. You still contiune to touch so many people with all your strength and faith. We are so very proud of you and Michael. Love ya both Roberta, David and Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  3. The us postal service is now beginning a time of mourning because I am now able to email and not just use snail mail. I can now leave you comments on the web and read updates with the help of your aunts. Love BAGranny. Remember what the ba stands for.

    ReplyDelete