Friday, August 14, 2009

It's more of the same here in Durham - nothing much to update you on. I still have a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule at the clinic. Usually I don't need anything because of the at home Magnesium but this morning I needed some Potassium so I am getting that now.

I think I'm officially feeling good now because the boredom has set in. I spent yesterday alphabetizing my cards... my mom called me a nerd. It gave me a chance to look back through them and appreciate everyone who has supported me through this. I only have the ones here that I've gotten since moving to Durham and they filled up a whole shoe box so far and I'm not done yet. I would estimate there are close to 1000 cards (some are birthday and Easter cards too). Reading them and seeing them makes me feel very loved.

Again, I can't express how much I appreciate each of you,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. Alphabetizing sounds like a teacher activity to me :) You sound so very good, Amy. My new students... well actually most are with me again this year because I moved up to third grade.... will be excited to hear about my former student named Amy when they get back on Wednesday. I will be so happy to tell them about all your GOOD NEWS!
    Love and prayers,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought we would be glad to see you bored.
    So glad you are doing so well. Derek finished work this week and is getting ready for school. Will is in a wedding at VMI this weekend.
    We really enjoyed seeing your mom last weekend and catching up on everybody. We love you guys.
    Cind

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to come home for a brief stay. You remain on the prayer list of many churches here in Covington. Your loving family is indeed large! It was great to see Dad on the golf course yesterday also! Normalcy comes in so many forms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    I agree with your mama...nerd :) Just kidding...you must really be bored!! Hope you had a wonderful 'home weekend' :) You come on down to my house and with 5 kids (4 and under) I will give you something to do!!! (maybe changing a diaper or 2 or 3) :) Hope you have a wonderful week :) Love Kate, Keith, Maddi and Carson

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful seeing you! You look great, and I am sure this visit did you a world of good mentally!! So glad you got to see the dogs too. Small steps... Have a good week.
    Love you,
    Genie and Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Home" is always good medicine! Glad you were up to making the trip. It shows progress, and blessings! We're still daily lifting you up in prayers. Love you!
    Brenda and Dale

    ReplyDelete