Friday, March 27, 2009

We got some good new from Dr. Rizzieri's office about possible bone marrow donors yesterday. The PA from his office who is in charge of the donor search called and talked to Kathy. She informed her that they have selected 3 possible donors for further testing. One of these possible donors has actually previously been tested more extensively and it turns out that they are a perfect match to Amy. This of course is great news. They still will further test the other two donors as they like to have as many options available as possible.

The next step is to wait for Amy's bone marrow to make new cells. The increase in white blood cells as reported yesterday is a start. What they want to do is give her body some more time to make cells and then they will do another bone marrow biopsy. The point of the last biopsy was to see if the chemo worked. This next biopsy will be done to see if Amy's body is making normal cells or more leukemia cells.

If things look good with the next biopsy and the donor search gets finalized then plans for the transplant will start to be made.

Amy is still running a fever off and on. She is very tired from lots of medications. Let's hope she gets rid of this fever soon.

6 comments:

  1. Other than Amy having the side effects of her treatments, this is wonderful news! Prayers are being answered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!! This is so great!! We are so happy to hear this news!
    The Angles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,
    I was so-o-o glad to get to visit you for a few days, and today to hear you had a better day. I know it's been tough, but you're tougher than it and you are hanging in there. "Greater is He who is in YOU, than he who is in the world"!! We
    know who holds tomorrow, and we also know who holds your hand. Just keep eating that baby food, it will give you strength and soon you'll be able to eat normal food, even Applebee's Sampler! I love you and Michael and I'll be back whenever you want me to come, the trip was not that bad, and you're worth it anytime.
    Love you, Punkin!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD MORNING AMY....Usually the first thing I do in the mornings is have "coffee in hand"...this morning, U were in my first thoughts when I opened my eyes to take a peak at daylight!!!..So when I logged into your Blog and to learn about the possible donors, this is the BEST NEWS!!!....I know you are being taken good care of and we send love & "balloons" to U and ALL of your family!!!...:) Wanda & Jerry...p.s. when I log in to check on U, I love seeing the picture of your "Puppy Dogs"...so cute and rotten I am sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I'm so glad to hear the wonderful news! It's awesome that your cell counts are going up and they have found a potential match!
    I know this has all been a very difficult time for you and your family, but good news always helps! Also, all the support and love you can get from your friends and family is a big plus! It always seems that bad things happen to good people, but I guess that's this crazy thing we call life. However, God is good, and he will take care of everything from getting you the perfect donor to the actual transplant and all.
    You are so strong and brave, keep it up! You are consistently in my thoughts and prayers!
    Tonie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Amy and all-

    such good news re the donor-keep making those good cells and I hope that each day you get stronger and hungrier-you are a trooper indeed-you all are!

    lots of love-
    mbas

    ReplyDelete